Raw and white sugar
At Alvean we trade raw and white sugar, bulk and bag, for shipment in containers and vessels. We trade primarily from our office located in Geneva, Switzerland and have sales & distribution activities in India and China. Additionally our network of Alvean locations and teams supports our trading offices, suppliers, and customers around the world.
We originate sugar from the world’s leading sugar producing countries and regions, including Brazil, Thailand, India, Australia and Central America. Copersucar, our parent company has logistical terminals in Brazil for the export of sugar. These facilities are responsible for delivering differentiated services to meet the most specific quality and logistics requirements.
- Our significant warehousing, transportation, and terminal access across all major origins creates executional efficiency and control. Our deep understanding of logistics issues provides opportunities for differentiated supplier and customer solutions.
- Supply chain visibility from sugar mill to final shipment destination plus alignment with Quality & Food Safety Management programs allows for quality differentiation: You can be confident in your supply.
- A broad supplier base allows for different packing solutions to meet different market requirements.
Flexibility of supply
- Multiple origin access, global presence and deep logistics expertise allows flexibility in supply. We provide flexible solutions for when there is an urgent need or if plans change.
Execution expertise & experience
- Deep sugar execution and expertise combined with a strong focus on our customers’ and suppliers’ needs helps ensure timely and efficient execution.
- Our customers and suppliers benefit from the deep market insights our global footprint offers to help them make smart pricing, purchasing, and sales decisions.
Pricing and risk management toolkits
- We give customers access to pricing and risk management toolkits to help manage their physical commodity prices.
World class analytics
- Alvean’s world class analytics team and substantial investments in market analysis help customers better navigate challenging sugar markets.